Pet Odor Removal
DIY Pet Stain and Odor Removal Directions
Pet odor removal Phoenix - As pet owners, we love our furry friends dearly, yet I’m sure we’d all rather do without some of the not so pleasant surprises they tend to leave behind. We can’t blame them nor can we be upset with them for too long as we know accidents will happen – especially when we leave them home alone for too long.
While there’s no fool proof way to avoid the mess, no matter how well trained your pet(s) may be, there are – as you will find below – some ways for you to effectively clean the affected areas in a way that will get them looking and smelling fresh again in no time at all.
The Ingredients You Will Need:
- 2 cups of white distilled vinegar
- 2 cups of cooled water
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda
- A quality enzyme solution
- Spray bottle
Directions for Best Results:
- Step 1: You should begin the process of cleaning up after your pet by thoroughly blotting up as much of the liquid as possible. Make sure to only use non-patterned paper towels or a clean, white cloth. Press towels onto affected area and place a heavy book or bowl atop that to remove the most moisture.
- Step 2: After mixing the first three ingredients (see above) and adding to a spray bottle, liberally apply solution to those areas affected, and let sit for 15 minutes. Gently blot the solution up using a clean cloth (do not rub as this may cause the problem to spread).
- Step 3: Apply a generous amount of your choice of enzyme solution to the soiled area. Allow to sit for 15 minutes as this will allow enough time for the enzymes to actively eat away at the stain and odor. Blot gently with a clean cloth until the stain is no longer visible. Repeat steps 1 through 3 as needed.
Getting Professional Help
If upon completion of the above directions, the stain or odor is still noticeable, then it may be necessary to contact and hire a professional carpet cleaning company. At T.A.C.T. Cleaning, we have years of experience effectively removing pet stains and odors, and provide free estimates.