The Basics Of Keeping Your Carpet Clean
- Vacuum your carpet every week and twice a week in high traffic areas. Regular vacuuming will keep dirt particles out of the carpet,keeping damage they cause to a minimum.
- Going over a carpet once with a vacuum is not enough to get all the dirt out. To properly vacuum you will need to do multiple sweeps over the same area.
- If you have rooms with large areas of carpet vacuum sections at a time. This will insure that you don’t miss any areas.
- Vacuum in crisscross motions in high traffic areas and in front of couches. This will help loosen any dirt build up.
- Apply soil retardants when you get a new carpet or after carpet shampooings. This will help keep dirt from resettling into the fibers of the carpet.
If you follow these tips you are on the way to keeping a pristine carpet. For more tips on stain removal and odor treatments visit Carpet Cleaning AZ and follow our Carpet Cleaning Blog.