The Benefits of Clothes Dryer Vent Cleaning

It’s estimated that 16,800 household fires are sparked every year by your clothes dryer – according to the National Fire Protection Association. Why? Because lint and other debris can build up in your clothes dryer vent, which can ultimately cause a reduction in air flow and a buildup of dryer exhaust gasses, thus increasing the chances of your clothes dryer catching fire.

Just the Facts…

Fact: Clothes dryers can be found in 81.5 million homes.

Fact: Failure to clean is the number one cause of clothes dryer fires.

Fact: A full load of wet clothes shouldn’t take more than 40 minutes to dry*.

Fact: The longer it takes to dry your clothes, the more you’ll pay in electricity.

*Depending on the make, model and age of your dryer. Many newer models can have your clothes dry within 20 minutes. Drying times for heavy items such as comforters and blankets may take longer.

Signs to Watch For

  • Clothing takes longer to dry than normal.
  • A musty odor is noticed in your clothing after drying.
  • Clothing seems unusually hot to the touch after drying.
  • Excessive heat is noticed within the room in which the dryer is located.

The Benefits of Clothes Dryer Vent Cleaning

Fire prevention: Considering the fact that failure to clean is the number one cause of all clothes dryer fires (as mentioned previously); the removal of lint and debris is something that should be done professionally once per year.

Reduced energy bills: Clothes dryers are one of the most expensive home appliances to run – thus the longer it take for your clothes to dry the more you’ll end of paying in electricity costs.

Reduced drying times: A full load of wet clothes should typically only take 40 minutes to dry! A clogged clothes dryer vent, however, can double or even triple the time it would normally take for your clothes to fully dry.

Carbon Monoxide Prevention: This benefit is for those of you with gas dryers. An improperly vented or clogged gas dryer vent can potentially emit carbon monoxide into the home as well as cause a fire.

Leave a Reply